Dear Parent or Guardian,
We are thrilled that you and your ninth grader have chosen our school and we want to welcome you to Denver School of the Arts High School (DSA)!
To assist in the successful transition from middle school to high school, DSA (along with all other DPS high schools) will host a Ninth Grade Academy for all incoming freshmen students. The Academy is a fun, exciting and informative program that incoming students are encouraged to attend. While not mandatory, the program gives students a leg up in gaining the skills needed to become successful throughout their high school career. We highly encourage all ninth grade students to attend.
During the course of the program students will:
* Learn about new graduation requirements and the importance of their GPA
* Register for online programs needed to complete assignments (Drop Box, Google Docs, etc.)
* Engage with other incoming students, high school staff and DSA seniors
* Participate in activities and classes designed specifically for DSA students
* Earn 2.5 elective credits toward graduation for completing ninth grade academy
* Participants will also receive snacks, a backpack full of school materials and RTD passes at no cost.
Details for the Academy are as follows:
DATE: Monday, August 6 through Friday, August 10.
LOCATION: Denver School of the Arts (7111 Montview Blvd, Denver, CO 80220)
Registration for your student is easy – simply send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org including
Denver School of the Arts as your high school name, and your student’s full name, ID number, address and phone number.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this wonderful transition opportunity. You may register even if you cannot attend all five days, and we will work with your student’s rehearsal schedule if he/she is involved with the all school musical.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at: email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you at DSA’s Ninth Grade Academy!
Seth Hughes, NBCT, NGA Site Leader
Dean of Culture, Denver School of the Arts
William M. Kohut,
Principal, Denver School of the Arts