Guitar Audition Requirements for 2018-2019 Admissions
October 9, 2017 – November 17, 2017 at noon
Wednesday, November 29
Student Success Center
Your specific audition time will be given to you at the preaudition meeting. Audition dates are:
January 9, 2018
If your student needs accommodations for the audition, as written in a 504 or IEP, please provide a copy of the 504 or IEP to Assistant Principal Aspen Miles ONE WEEK before your student’s audition date.
1. Students will perform one piece of music in the style of their choice
2. Students will play a variety of jazz chords and related scales of their choice (see audition preparation page)
3. Students will sight read one piece of music
4. Students will complete a brief music reading test that will include major and minor key signatures, intervals, and triads
5. Students should submit at least one letter of recommendation
Students must be able to read music in order to be considered for the guitar major program at Denver School of the Arts.