Guitar Audition Requirements for 2019-2020 Admissions
November 5, 2018 – January 4, 2019 at 9:00 am
January 12, 2018
Student Success Center
DSA does not have a shadow program. Instead, we have 5 Preview Mornings. Preview is from 7:40 am – 9:30 am. It is for both parents and students. Everyone will spend the first half of the time in one large group hearing from the DSA principal. After the large group session, students and parents will receive a tour of the school from a DSA parent who is in the same major you’re interested in auditioning for.
To sign up for a Preview Morning, click HERE
Your specific audition time will be given to you at the preaudition meeting. Audition dates are:
If your student needs accommodations for the audition, as written in a 504 or IEP, please provide a copy of the 504 or IEP to Assistant Principal Aspen Burkett ONE WEEK before your student’s audition date.
1. Students will perform one piece of music in the style of their choice
2. Students will play a variety of jazz chords and related scales of their choice (see audition preparation page)
3. Students will sight read one piece of music
4. Students will complete a brief music reading test that will include major and minor key signatures, intervals, and triads
5. Students should submit at least one letter of recommendation
Students must be able to read music in order to be considered for the guitar major program at Denver School of the Arts.