Guitar Audition Requirements for 2020-2021 Admissions
November 1, 2019 – January 2, 2020 at 9:00 am
PREAUDITION MEETING – virtual for 2021
Thursday, January 7, 2021
link for preaudition meeting
Because of Covid19, DSA will not have any in-person tours or Preview Mornings for the 20/21 school year. A full Preview Morning video can be found here.
Tuesday, February 2 – 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Wednesday, February 3 – 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm
If your student needs accommodations for the audition, as written in a 504 or IEP, please provide a copy of the 504 or IEP to Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org ONE WEEK before your student’s audition date.
Upload all information below by Friday, January 29, 2021 by 11:59 pm
Students will submit their audition video to the DSA Guitar Auditions 2021 Form:
1. Students will provide video of two pieces of music in the style of their choice (what do you play well?).
2. Students will provide video of all chords and related scales of their choice (show me what you know).
3. Students will complete the DSA Guitar Auditions 2021 Form
4. Students will sight read music with their guitar during the audition (I will provide an online link).
5. Students should submit at least one recommendation form from their current music teacher(s).